Municipal planning grant online application now open through the Department of Housing and Community Development
Since 1998, the Department of Housing and Community Development’s Municipal Planning Grant (MPG) Program has provided over $13 million to 237 cities and towns across Vermont to help breathe new life into communities, plan for future growth and investment, and improve the quality of life.
The program is available for a number of statewide priorities including capital programs and plans, especially programs focused on climate resilience.
In fiscal year 2024 (July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024), municipalities may submit applications for Municipal Planning Grants of up to $30,000 for individual municipalities and $45,000 for group (consortium) applications. All applications are required to provide a minimum cash match of 10%.
• September 1, 2023: Online application opens
• September 30, 2023: Deadline for RPC confirmation of municipal planning process
• November 1, 2023: Application deadline, 6 p.m.
• November 2023: Award decisions
• December 1, 2023: Start of grant term
• December 2, 2024: Mid-project report due
• November 30, 2025: End of grant term; Project is complete and all funds spent
• December 31, 2025: Final report and products submitted